Cleaning is a frustrating task for some, especially if you have tried something that makes it worse or doesn’t work. Here are some Common Mistakes people make cleaning and some tips to fix them! Get specific cleaners and keep them in the areas they are used for, this will help prevent you from grabbing a handy cleaner that may not be right for the task. Keep this list in mind and you won’t have these little annoyances when cleaning.
- Blot Carpet Stains, don’t scrub. Blot with pressure until all moisture is absorbed, then stain treat.
- Clean Windows on a Cloudy, Cool day. This prevents streaks that can annoy you and take forever!
- Don’t Use Vinegar and Lemon on Everything. This mixture is harsh on stone like Marble, Granite, and Travertine.
- Coffee isn’t the greatest Drain Deodorizer. Use Citrus fruit or peels instead. Excess grounds can cause a clog.
- Not every product is a Disinfectant. Find a good all purpose cleaner and use disinfectant only on surfaces needed.
- Use the Right Tools. Scrubbing pads and other things can scratch surfaces creating areas for dirt to collect.
- Don’t Use Furniture Polish every time. This can clog wood and create a gummy build-up.
- Less is More! The more product you spray the more you have to soak up. Use cleaner sparingly.
Having a good All Purpose cleaner and a variety of Microfiber cloths can be a good place to start with and help you avoid these areas. They are a great foundation and are non-abrasive for surfaces, stone, and carpets. Create a special area for specific cleaners that work for your homes surfaces, then label them clearly so everyone knows how to use them. You can pair down your cleaning solutions and go natural too! For further information check out Women’s Day.